Other Local Advice and Information Services


ACAS (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Services)

Phone:  0300 123 1100.

Website: www.acas.org.uk


 KCAH– Housing Crisis Intervention Service

Open: Mon – Fri 10:00am – 1:00pm (closed Wed)

Phone:  020 8255 7400



Shelter London Public Advice Line

Mon 9.30 – 4,
Tue 1 – 4,
Thu 9.30 – 4,
Fri 9.30 – 1

Phone: 0344 515 1540


Royal Borough of Kingston Housing Advice and Options

- 020 8547 5003


Department for Work & Pensions

To claim: 0800 055 6688,
Existing clients:
0845 600 0148

Refugee Support

Refugee Action – Kingston

Phone: 020 8547 0115

Older Persons Support

Age Concern Kingston-upon-Thames

Phone: 020 8408 8170
( No drop in Service)

Email: info@ageconcernkingston.org

Social Services

Royal Borough Kingston-upon-Thames
Emergency Safeguarding Children Phone:
020 8770 5000 (out of hours)

Adult Social Care: 020 8547 5005
General Number: 020 8547 5008

E-mail: adults@rbk.kingston.gov.uk

Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247

Kingston DVOSS

Held every Monday 9.30am to 12.30pm @ Kingsgate Church, The Empire, 161a Clarence Street, Kingston, KT1 1QT

Phone: 07917 271 549

Civil Legal Advice

You might be able to get legal aid for these problems:
Debt – if you might lose your home
Housing – if you are being evicted
Family – mediation if you’re getting a divorce
Education – disagreeing with an SEN decision

email: help@civillegaladvice.org.uk
Telephone: 0845 345 4 345
Minicom: 0845 609 6677
Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm
Saturday, 9am to 12:30pm

You can ask for a free call back – use the online service or text ‘legalaid’ and your name to 80010.

They will call you back within 24 hours and also have a free translation service if English isn’t your first language. You can also get advice in British Sign Language.


How to find a solictor

Law Society – If you arenot eligible for legal aid, or if you need advice on an area of law notmentioned in other categories

Website:  www.lawsociety.org.uk

Under the section ‘Find a solicitor’ enter your postcode or location, the applicable country and the area of law you require.

Consumer Advice

Citizens Advice Consumer Service: 08454 04 05 06

Support for disabled People

KCIL – including support for disabled people to access advice andsupport on matters related to Welfare Benefits

Phone:  020 8546 9603

Website:  www.kcil.org.uk/advice-services


National Debtline – free, independent, confidential debt advice

Phone: 0808 808 4000

Mon – Fri 9 – 9, Sat 9.30 – 1


  • Speak to an Assessor

    Call us on 020 3166 0953 between 10am - 1pm, Monday to Friday

  • Worried about how you will be affected by changes to Welfare Benefits?

    You may have heard in the media that there will soon be significant changes in welfare benefits. Here is some information about this

  • Concerned about debts?

    The following pages will give you the information you need to make the right choices, including help to deal with your debt problems, how to avoid losing your home and how to get your finances back into shape.
  • Problems at work?

    Here you can find out more about those rights and how to solve problems. There is also information on what help is available if you're looking for work.
  • Do you have a question about housing?

    On these pages you can find information about how to go about renting or buying a home or just finding somewhere to live
  • Make a donation using Virgin Money Giving